Saturday, March 3, 2012

Volunteering is good for the soul

When you volunteer you will make a difference in your life, you will make a difference in another person's life and add experience to your resume!

I started volunteering with the Yellow Ribbon Alliance Lower St. Croix Valley because my father was a veteran and as a single mother I could related to the stress of having to do it all alone. I wanted to help out others who like my father served to keep peace in the World. I wanted to help their families when they got deployed to another part of the World.

When I signed up I did not know how this would impact my career nor was that the reason I volunteered. However, this spring the organization I work for decided they wanted to become a Yellow Ribbon Company and they selected me to be on the steering committee because of my experience with my local Yellow Ribbon.

Both opportunities have provided me with a chance to develop my leadership skills, work with community government, military groups, the media, plan events, help other groups and help the individuals. I am truly grateful for the experience and chance to serve a veteran.

See what fun opportunities the Yellow Ribbon Alliance Lower St. Croix Valley has to fill http://lnkd.in/H2D-Jh or let us know what you would like to do!

Send an email to YRALSCV2011@gmail.com for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment